''Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring'' Marilyn Monroe

Tuesday 18 May 2010

Barbie..

I was one of those typical girly girls when I was a child, Barbie dolls covering the floor and sleeping with me in my bed. I loved them, right up until the age of thirteen or fourteen I played with them. There is just something magical about that perfectly blonde, brilliant doll. The idea that you can just live a life through this doll. The movable ones and dancing ones, one of my house-mates had a singing Barbie. 

And of course then came Ken and Kelly and all the friends to go along with Barbie. It was a little fantasy world perfect for girly pink dreamers: a la me. 
So of course when I came across The Fashionteller's blog about the Barbie spa in Shanghai I had to investigate and discover this world. 

What can I say? I am hooked! Barbie is still as intriguing and thrilling to me now as she was when I was ten. I still adore her and dream of her life. I still (maybe somewhat misguided) want to grab one of my old Barbie's and make-believe her life. 

Believe it or not, I am currently making choices about my third year dissertation and without a doubt Barbie will make an appearance, my friends think I am mad. I think I am inspired. 

'me'
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment