''Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring'' Marilyn Monroe

Sunday 6 June 2010

Life as it happens...

So currently I am in the final week of year 2 of university, this time next year I shall be graduating and moving on to the real world!
Revision, essay deadlines and last minute to-do lists have taken over my life and I cannot wait to be home and sink into the comfort that is my parents house. They have these sofa's which essentially swallow you up and you never want to get off them. Perfect relaxation after weeks of endless study and work. 
My plan is to relax into those sofas and sleep in my huge double bed, read books that have gathered dust on my shelf all year and watch mindless films and endless episodes of west wing.

This summer looks to be a fun one, definitely the busiest I have had in a long while: going to Israel for 3 weeks for a third year module, followed by 2 weeks at home before 2 weeks in New York a la brother and co. Then working until September to gather some money for treats such as Apple Macs and hair straighteners (if the pay-check allows). So here's to a summer full of adventure and such things. Hopefully achieving some sense of happiness and bliss after the stress of the last few months. 
By the way scented candles and flower fairy lights are a dream if you need to relax. Along with cups of tea and chilled out music such as Rend Collective Experience . I have also been reading my way through the wonder that is 'Inspiration' by Mark-Kate and Ashley Olsen, full of interviews with designers, models, photographers, artists and wonderful people who do indeed inspire you. The book makes me happy and awakens my longing to be creative and see the inspirations around me. It is beautifully written and put together.
Well now back to the slog that is learning about Post-colonialism, exam in four days and I am free... until next year :)

Love.Love.Love
'me' 

No comments:

Post a Comment