''Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring'' Marilyn Monroe

Tuesday 3 May 2011

the simple things...

i saw this as an advert for a new coffee shop that they are setting up in my home town and i liked it as it reminds me to do things just because. 

Today was another essay day, and I realise that the next month each day will be an essay day or dissertation day or dissertation presentation day. But then I am free into the adult world (what are they thinking?) For an essay day, it was surprisingly good.

So here are the simple things that made me happy: 
♥ making coffee for myself the first ever time (i know i am 21, should have done that by now, but i am a recent convert) 
♥ feeling the warmth of the sun on my shoulders through the window
♥ burning a candle all day 
♥ turning my flower fairy lights on at dusk
♥ finishing the essay and calling by bestie from school, complaining about work, celebrating her handing in her dissertation and making plans for the summer
♥ going to bed before midnight 

see it is the simple things that God gives us that makes our days happy even when we are writing an essay in one day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment