''Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring'' Marilyn Monroe

Monday 10 January 2011

new york, new york, so good they named it twice

this past summer i went to new york with my brother and some friends and i feel in love with the city, i don't know how one city can be so full of people and life and still be able to make you feel so free and out in the open. Maybe it is the fact that central park is so vast and in the middle of it all, or that everything is so big, as everything is in america, but there was something about that place that made me so free. 

I was just getting over a break-up, heart still on the mend and the world just beginning to open up to me again and New york capture me. I can truly say that I feel in love with that city, like i have never fallen in love with anywhere before. 
It is just one huge city of dreams and people making their way, if you sit on a bench and watch as the world goes by you will see endless types of people, each on their own path, in their own world and its so impressive. two weeks it took for me to fall head over heels in love with that place and in those two weeks i witnessed so much joy and fun and the proof that life happens... it is always happening... it never stops. There are always families sitting down to eat together, or couples out on first dates, and arguments, makeups and beautiful signs of love around us.

Life is so full and beautiful. there is a quote that has been on my mind for a week or so, i can't remember where it is from but it says 
"do not ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive"

well thats my thoughts for today and me out for the night, wine and popcorn are awaiting. 
love.joy.peace
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Grogeous post. I too am in love with that city. The best place in the world. I'm going back in June and it can't come any sooner!
    x

    ReplyDelete